Power your lights, heated gloves, and other accessories off your main ebike battery by using a DC to DC Converter, it's simple! Most bicycle lights run off either 6v or 12v. Most use either AA, AAA, or have a special battery made specifically for that accessory. The problem is that most electric bikes are powered by at least a 24v battery, up to 72v. That's where ElectricRider's new DC to DC Converters come in handy, as they will accept an input voltage of anything from 12-58v from your ebike battery, and will have an output that's set by ElectricRider to match the voltage of the accessory you are trying to power, usually 6v or 12v, and sometimes even 8.4v.
Example: Let's say you have a 36v electric bicycle and a 12v headlight you need to power. ElectricRider's Dcc12 converter (12v output) would plug into your 36v battery's charging port for the input, and into your 12v headlight for the output. This takes the 36v from your ebike battery and converts it to 12v for your headlight, not only eliminating the need for a separate headlight battery, but giving you an extremely long run-time on your headlight! If your headlight already includes a battery, the DC to DC Converter will keep your headlight's battery fully charged at all times while also powering your headlight. That means if you happen to run down your main ebike battery and have to pedal home, you'll still have a fully charged headlight battery to light the way.
You have several plugs to choose from when selecting your DC to DC Converter. The input plug should match your main battery's charging port so the converter can stay plugged into your battery while you ride. The output plug should match your accessory plug. We can also supply the converters with no plug in case we don't offer your plug type, or so you can install your plug of choice.
INPUT PLUG OPTIONS FOR CONVERTER: *Match your ebike battery's charger port*
- 3 Pin XLR: The most common plug used for charging ebike batteries. All ElectricRider batteries use the XLR for charging.
- Anderson Power Poles: Fairly common plug type for ebike batteries.
- Barrel 2.1mm: Fairly rare to see this on an ebike battery, but they do exist.
- No Plug: If we don't offer your plug type, or you wish to install your own plug.
OUTPUT PLUGS OPTIONS FOR CONVERTER: *Match your headlight or accessory plug*
- Anderson Power Poles: Common for some bike accessories.
- Barrel 2.1mm: One of the most common plugs found on bicycle accessories and lights
- No Plug: If we don't offer your accessory's plug type, or you wish to install your own plug.
If you need help selecting the right converter, just call or write and we'll make it easy for you!